Thursday, September 30, 2010

Car worries... keeping me up at night.

This week's post is devoted entirely to my terrible car.  I could have written about being dumped in a text last week, the jerk who did it, post a picture of him and his number, and spend five paragraphs trashing his all-around terrible personality... but I decided to take the higher road.... and talk to people about it in person where I can be more vocal.

Anyway, back to my car.  The car (which is a white Pontiac Grand Prix) has been in my possession since before I got my license at the age of 16.  Therefore, it's clearly seen better days.  And yes... if you're wondering if it has a name, it mostly certainly does: The Stallion.  While it usually gets me from point A to point B... there have been some snafoo's (yes, I just said "snafoo") in between.

Let me take you back...

One hot, humid morning this past August, I got in my car thinking life was great (that was my first mistake... the minute you think that, it all goes to pot).  I turned on the car like normal and started heading down the street.  As I approached a stop-sign, I pushed on the brake pedal (because I hear stopping at those is important).  I noticed the brake pedal seemed a bit "sticky" and that I did not really make a complete stop (despite my attempt to do so).  Yet, I trucked on... I had important places to be and things to do (aka: going to my parents' house to go "grocery shopping" in their fridge).  Halfway down the road, as I approached a stopped car ahead of me, I again braked... yet this time, I did not stop.  Thankfully I coasted to a very slow stop and did not hit anyone or anything, but needless to say... I pooped my pants.

From there the problems have only gotten worse.  Since having the brake in my car fixed, I have begun receiving calls about leaving dark "oily" spots on people's driveways where my car has been parked.  One morning, on the way to my job at Plymouth Middle School, I looked over to the passenger side and noticed standing water on the ground.... a mini lake inside my car.  I still don't know where it came from.

Most would think that this would deter me from driving... and you're right.  While I use the car because I have no other mode of transportation, I am contemplating a move to New York City mostly because I would not have to drive or own a vehicle there.

Until next time (if I make it safely to class in The Stallion today)...

No comments:

Post a Comment