Thursday, September 23, 2010

My week in a blog-sized nutshell...

Hello again all! And by all, I mean my ONE follower. Note, I say that in the singular form because I have only one follower (THANKS DAN! You are the opposite of a "dummy" question, in my book at least).  I am working on the followers, however, and have started asking friends from class and semi-random acquaintances if they'd like to read my blog... more often times than not, the answer is no.

Well, it's been a busy week.  Last Wednesday (after my first post) I went to the Dave Matthews Band show at Excel Center in St. Paul... it was awesome. Dave is awesome. The whole night was... well awesome.  It was the best setlist I have seen/heard in 10 years of Dave shows. (Note to you, the reader, if you do not like my references to Dave... please stop reading hence forth).

School has been busy (and by busy, I clearly mean -pardon the French- kicking my ass).  I have never read so much in my life!! I've started practicum at Crosswinds and also tutoring for Avid at Plymouth Middle School! It's so exciting interacting with real-live specimens (er... I mean students), and learning how to best teach and educate them! The hands on experience is definitely something I cannot learn in methods course.  Now... I just have to figure out how to get some of the stubborn students to actually like me.

On a personal note (is it "kosher" to include that on here?): I am somewhere in the limbo of dating someone and single... I thought a break-up conversation was coming as of yesterday, but I received an interesting text last night.  Nothing like figuring out relationship status via a text! Oh, the technology age in which we live!  After I figure out this I will be sure to blog about it so the world (aka Dan) can hear about it (not that he doesn't in class! Ha).  I probably will never get over the stage of wanting to talk about my personal life to people who really don't care... so why not put it on a blog as well?!  I'd almost be content at this point to live the rest of my life out with my dog Niki (please reference last blog post).  I am posting a picture of Niki in this posting so you can understand the adorableness that he encompasses.

On a completely separate note: I am currently at my parents (which is down the road from my job at Plymouth Middle School) and eating lunch courtesy of them.  The left for Africa today to venture on a Safari... looks like free lunches for me until they get back!

Well, until next time, Au Revoir!

The love of my life... lounging like he does best.

No comments:

Post a Comment