Wednesday, October 13, 2010

To Brooklyn or Not???

Lately I have been thinking a lot about whether I should move after graduation.  While I have only been to New York once... I have a strange obsession that draws me to it.  Sometimes I feel like a change would be fantastic, and other times I am worried about leaving behind people and places here in Minneapolis.  It's strange that I can go back and forth on stomething that I am at times so adamant about... but maybe that's what happens before all big decisions??

Other than NYC dreams, the past week has been insanely busy (I feel like I cannot catch up on anything!!).  Between work, school, homework and practicum I am ALWAYS exhausted!! And on top of it all, I got sick last week! It's strange how when you're young, (in a strange way) you like getting sick... it's a legitimate excuse not to go to school and you get to stay home and watch daytime T.V.  As an adult tho, I cannot think of anything worse! There is no good time to get sick and miss a day or two of work/school.

And speaking of ANNOYING... I got a summons for jury duty!! I cannot believe it.  Technically, I should clarify, I didn't just get jury duty, I got it a month ago... but I just now called to post-pone it.  I explained my situation with being in school full-time and they were really nice about it actually... however, I have now agreed to tentatively be available in December/January of 2011. And as strange as that sounds, I might actually have plans.  My family was discussing a trip to Hawaii (however, I do not think after a year of postponement the courts would care).  Maybe that's a sign I should move... it would get me out of jury duty.

It's hard to believe it's only Wednesay... the weeks go by so fast yet are soooo long at the same time! I have never had so much reading to do in my life.  I hang on to the glimmer of the weekend to get me through the weeks.  Last weekend was fun, my cohort went to one of my professor's houses for a party and then went to the VFW afterwards.  On Saturday, I went to the Zombie Pub Crawl... it was definitely an experience!! Some people were really in to it... and it's embarrassing to admit, but I was a little scared at some points! I don't like zombies... and my noise still has fake blood stained on it.

Well, there's my week's recap of my uber exciting and majorly busy life! Hang on till next time... maybe something exciting will happen!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leigh!

    I think you should go to New York. I am all about the "no regrets" saying in life. And, my goodness, if it doesn't work out at least you will always have a "home" to come back to...With family and friends and cold winters:) Changes can be good, and you are such an outgoing and amazing person that you will have a bunch of friends in no time. Haha...and on a serious note....anything to get you out of jury duty!! Matt and I are planning to go to Cali over winter break to figure out where we want to move to after we are done with school. His brother is in San Francisco so we are going to look around that area and further north as well. I think we are both at a really exciting (and extremely scary) time in our life. I can't wait to look back and see how the decisions we are making now affect the rest of our lives. Jeez...that was deep...If New York doesn't work out...Come to CA. I will have a couch with your name on it.

    ReplyDelete