Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The end of the semester already???

I cannot believe it is the end of the semester already... it is a cliche saying, but time flew by!  While the past semester was challenging and stressful, I am more motivated than ever to pursue a career in education.  This semester I have learned invaluable methods, tools, and resources that I can incorporate in my future classrooms.  I feel that these skills are what will seperate me (and my fellow M.Ed. classmates) apart from other novice teachers entering the work field.  I am also excited to announce that I got my student teaching placement at N.E. middle school in Minneapolis... I could not be more thrilled!!!

I am not sure where the next year will lead me, but I am so excited to find out! I have decided that New York would be faaaar to expensive to live in alone (I'm poor now, I don't want to still be poor after I finish grad school!), so instead I am thinking of moving to Chicago!  I feel it is the perfect mixture between urban and midwest living and would still allow me to pursue my dream of working in an inner-city school district and working to close the achievement gap. 

While I am sad that the semester is coming to a close... I am so excited for a break!!! I hope everyone enjoys their winter breaks and comes back ready for student teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment