Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Using Storybird in the Classroom!

We did this for another class, but I really enjoyed using Storybird and am looking forward to using it the future in the classroom.  I liked this program so much, I thought I would share my silly story with you!

Since the program provides images for the creator (and does not let them upload their own), I thought it would be fun to give pairs of students the assignment to create a Storybird with the same images and have them work independentally.  This would be a good creative writing activity, as well as show the students that even when given the same material (such as writing an analysis paper for a novel), there are many ways you can take your writing and form your own arguments based on what you, specifically, bring to a text.

Click here to view my Storybird!

No comments:

Post a Comment